Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Recipe: Gluten Free/Egg Free Chocolate Cupcakes

Pretty? No. Tasty? YES. 

I as so happy that the first gluten free recipe that I tried turned out to be a success! I know that these cupcakes are going to be one that I come back to again and again.



My sister and I are attempting the gluten free diet together, starting a few days ago. If you have any favorite gluten free recipes, I'd love to give them a try!


Gluten Free/Egg Free Chocolate Cupcakes
1 cup brown rice flour
1 teaspoon xanthan gum
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup oil
1 cup milk
2 tablespoons vinegar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 
In a medium size bowl mix up the flour, xanthan gum, brown sugar, baking soda, salt and chocolate chips (if using). 
In another, smaller bowl, stir together the wet ingredients. Add to the dry ingredients and mix just until moistened.
Scoop batter into twelve paper lined muffin cups and bake for 20-25 minutes.

Original recipe found HERE.

Notes: The texture was a bit grainy. The taste was awesome, sort of like a brownie (since I am not used to eating gluten free, you can know that it really was good). They didn't come out of the wrappers the best and sunk in the middle - not the prettiest. They are delicious without chocolate chips, but all the better with them.



I hope you enjoy them as much as I am!

-Bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting!